donderdag 6 april 2017

Hi everyone,

Its been quite a while since my last post here... After the birth of my daughter I've been pretty occupied.
Still I noticed that my blog still attracted attention from several people interested in 17th century ships. So three months ago I decided to start again on a small project...

I'd like to show my latest render of a Brittish light frigate, the HMS Martin, built in 1652.
This ship had quite an active carreer, sailing to the West Indies, Mediterranean and was part of the squadron capturing New York from the Dutch in 1664. Although she was very lightly armoured, she participated in several battles during the First and Second Anglo-Dutch wars.



For this composition, I figured the model wouldn't need much more than some dramatic back lighting...

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Hello, Artex,
    I'm the author of three books and an extensive blog revolving around Mary Barrett Dyer (hanged in Boston, Massachusetts in 1660 for civil disobedience), and her husband, Capt. William Dyer, who was a polymath, including the Commander in Chief Upon the Seas in New England from 1652-54. As you know, that's the First Anglo-Dutch War.
    I've searched many times for images of the trading, passenger, and warships of the early and mid-17th century, and only today found your site in a Google Images search.
    I'm interested in your expertise and graphic designs. Would you be interested in writing a guest post for my history blog? (There's no financial compensation, but the copyright would belong to you, of course.) The sites and Facebook pages I run about the Dyers and their culture and people have three-quarters of a million page views, so there's definitely an appetite for your words and images.
    To avoid spam, I won't copy the link at this time, but you can contact me by my Google blogger profile. It links to my business website contact form.
    Thank you for your consideration.
    Christy K Robinson

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi Christy, Thanks for your reaction and intrest in my blog. Unfortunately I didn't have much time for it lately. Raising my daugher and the affairs of my company have taken a lot of time. Also thanks for the great offer to write for your blog. I would love to, but again have little time and my knowledge of 17th century affairs is pretty rusty. Who knows I can contribute another time. Thanks and good luck with your writing.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. May I have permission to copy this photo into the Dyer blog, and give your blog full credit for the photo? I'd be happy, also, to put a copyright notice with your name.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen